Thursday, October 24, 2013

Main frame built

A minor milestone but I've built the main frame. This is basically a load of threaded rods bolted to printed plastic apexes. Should have been easier but I got a little confused with the motor and idler assemblies. Once I found some pictures to show how they fit on I decided they don't actually need to go on yet and I'll probably do that next.

In the meantime, I'm going to take it easy tonight as I had a bad night last night and need the sleep. Not good to be attempting to follow instructions on not enough sleep.

Anyway, here it is.
See how the light glints off it in all its shiny glory?

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It’s looking like you’ve made a good start, have you watched any of the build video’s on you tube, I’ve found them to be very informative. What Software are you planning to use, I’ve just started to use Google SketchUp, as my OU students licences have just run out for Solidthinkings Evolve 9.0 and Inspire 9.0. I’ve also downloaded Repeater-Hose for the CAM. If you can recommend any other software to try then it would be welcome, as I would like to do more sophisticated CAD work than is possible on SketchUp.

 
At 6:43 am, Blogger Techiepig said...

I'm planning on using OpenScad. Talking to some of the more experienced guys, SketchUp has issues where objects have tiny gaps between them instead of joining up. Not good for printing. As for videos, yes, I've watched a loads of them. Especially those from the local reprap group as the model has some modifications over the standard Prusa.

Take a look here: http://tvrrug.org.uk/tvprusa for software recommendations and pictures/videos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home