Sunday, October 20, 2013

The start of 3D printing (for me)

Start of a new project and time to resurrect my old blog. I thought about starting a new one but, as this one hasn't been used for ages I may as well use it.

My new project is to build an open source 3D printer. The TVRRUG version of the Prusa (minor modifications).

I got the parts last weekend and I have to confess I haven't started building it yet. However, I have cleared a workspace in the garage and laid out the parts ready to start building:
The main reason I haven't started building yet is that I am doing a lot of reading of instructions and blogs on the subject as well as getting the right tools for the job. I could rush into it but I want to do it right and not end up badly breaking something as I have a tendency to do.

I intend to post my progress along with photos and video where appropriate. I have no idea how long it will take, life being what it is at the moment, but I'm in no rush.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 pm, Anonymous Dom said...

Hi Ian, I’m glad you’ve started this blog, I’m going to be following your progress closely with your build. I too am also currently planning a RapRap build, most probably the Prusa i3, although I’ve recently been seduced by the Rostock Delta, being able to make larger components is something that will be useful for me. I look forward to seeing a completed Prusa soon. I’ve discovered that you can waste hours on thingyverse looking at stuff to print or improve on.
Dom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home