Monday, February 20, 2006

Bird watching

Well, the excitement of this new thing has got the better of me, so here is my second post of the day.

On Mondays I often work at home. We have a small study that overlooks the back garden. Just over a week ago, I put out some food for the bird: some seeds on a bird table and a couple of high fat type things hanging in a tree to help them get through what remains of the winter. They've taken to it very well and I find it a brilliant distraction from work to look out of the window and see what's feeding at any particular moment. So far I have seen mobs of starlings, the occasional lone robin, a group of 3-4 collared doves, a wood pigeon or two, a few of the more common type pigeon (not sure what these are generally referred to as) and various coal tits and blue tits. Nothing rare as yet, but I'm only too happy to see whatever visitors we get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home